Bayer Young Environmental Envoy, Indonesia
The BYEE Program now in its 8th year in Indonesia
If you are an Indonesian citizen, between 18 to 24 years old, single, and presently enrolled in a college/university, and with a passion for the environment, take up the challenge to become a Bayer Young Environmental Envoy!
Deserving students from all over Indonesia will be selected to be Bayer Young Environmental Envoys (BYEE) and will participate in a live-in Eco-camp that is held in a local venue. The top two envoys will join youth delegates from 18 other countries around the world on a weeklong all-expense paid trip to Germany on October 16 – 21, 2011. It will be an opportunity to gain new insights on the broad spectrum of environmental protection measures employed by industry, municipalities, and the state environmental authorities in Germany.
How to join
Financial crises and economic downturns spell tough times for the environment. Safeguarding the planet at a time of economic recession is often seen as a luxury, and at times, a burden on economic recovery and development. On the other hand, reality has shown that the Earth itself is what ultimately controls economic activity because it is the source of the materials upon which economic activity works.
Write your individual proposal, therefore, for a simple environmental project in your community or school which demonstrates that environmental protection and economic growth can go hand in hand.
- In no more than 100 words, describe the current situation and environment related problems in your local area or school.
- Name a few practical solutions to the problem that either government/industry/NGOs or your school/community has so far carried out.
- Draw up a personal project you intend to do to help alleviate this problem, and state your objectives and deliverables.
- Indicate resource requirements like budget, manpower, facilities, as well as institutions/groups involved, making sure that all necessary resources are within your reach. Compare resources and costs with the benefits you expect to gain.
- In no more than 200 words, say how this project can be beneficial for both the economy and the environment. Explain also why your environmental project makes economic sense. (NFZ)
All applications should reach Bayer by May 12, 2011
Please read the application form thoroughly. Online or e-mail applications will not be accepted and only complete application forms will be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
PT Bayer Indonesia
MidPlaza I, 12th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 10-11